Thursday, April 26, 2007

Second KDD: Patterning

Patterning is a form of therapy,
That can help Children and adults with a traumatic Brain injury.
I was one of those children who had a brain Injury and problems of
Motor development,
Much time was spent.

I was born with Congenital Toxoplasmosis, which is an Infectious
disease, a parasite,
Could not crawl and did not have sight.

Patterning is a way to train the healthy brain cells,
And make baby's well,
Adults too.

I began the Patterning Program when I was very small, before age two
By age 8, I was through. (:
Started it Around 15 months old,
From what I was told,
From what my Parents did say,
Had therapy each and every day.
Even on Weekends and Holidays
Has helped me in many ways.,

Patterning, taught me so much more then to crawl,skip and run,
And I think,I had fun,
I thought nothing of it,
I did not quit,
It was just part of my daily routine, all I knew,
It was what I had to do.

My Parents learned of" Patterning" from Doctor's In Philadelphia P A,
Not exactly sure when,
Yet, the doctor's names were Delgado and Domen,
Whom Performed Patterning each day,
And founded the Institutes of the Achievement of Human Potential,,
To give hope,
Help Families cope,
With children like myself,
To improve their life, their health.

Many exercises I had to do to succeed
Crawl, swing from Monkey bars and I learned to read.,

Although, I could talk,
I did not crawl, before I did walk (:
So, back,I needed to go,Pattern my brain, change the processes in my
head,
To compensate for the Brain cells that were dead.

I also had eye exercises , speech Therapy and at times, used a
breathing mask,
I did what was asked,
I did not complain,
did this each day,
I think some, I did play.

This program monopolized our time
Took much before I was fine,
Many Volunteers,
Over the years
Became involved in the program you see,
Helped me and my family,
They did what was best,
I was a success,
And it has had an impact on my life, indeed,
In order to get ahead,
It was exactly what I did need.

I have not had any problems since I was 8, that was so long ago,
And is this,something about me, you wanted to know?
I am not sure,but, you may find it so,
You may want to know?
Since, this has truly effected who I am, who I have become and shaped
my Personality
Now, you know more about me.

No comments: