Monday, August 24, 2009

MountainWings: No Complaints

-------------------------------------------------
MountainWings A MountainWings Moment
#1243 Wings Over The Mountains of Life
-------------------------------------------------

No Complaints
==============

Pastoring a church teaches you about as much as you teach
people. Running a business does the same.

As I went to ministers' conferences and talked privately with
other ministers, they often pulled me to the side and as a new
minister offered me words of counsel and wisdom gleaned from
years of experience.

One consistent theme kept surfacing. No matter whom I talked
with, no matter what denomination, big city or country town,
the phenomenon was the same.

Minister after minister told me and I began to see that it not
only applied to ministry, it applied to life in general.

"Heavy givers are light complainers."

Originally I thought, "These men are just focused on money.
They are judging people and character based on how much money
they put in. That's wrong."

In my own church I slowly began to notice a similar pattern,
every, not some, but every complainer was a low giver.
I was not focused on money in the church, I didn't even take a
salary but the correlation was unmistakable.
I saw what the other ministers were talking about.

Even MountainWings is the same.
We have never had anyone who has made a donation complain.

I then began to look around the job for the same phenomenon.
Sure enough, heavy givers were light complainers.
"How can you have a giver at a job?" you ask.

President John F. Kennedy perhaps gave us the best statement for
separating givers.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do
for your country."

A giver asks, "What can I do?"
Low or non-givers ask, "What can you do for me?"

We are all mixtures of both qualities but some are more heavily
oriented on one end or the other. Usually every family has at
least one giver. They are the ones everyone goes to, for help
or just to talk. They always have a listening ear and would be
the one that most can depend on.

They are the givers.

They also are usually the one with most unburdened spirit.
Giving has that effect. It helps the giver and the receiver.

Find someone that is a giver, not stuck with responsibilities
that they can't escape from, but a giver from the heart and ask
them, "How's life?"

Chances are they'll say,

"I've got no complaints."

~A MountainWings Original~


Forward this issue to a friend or send them the link below:
http://www.mountainwings.com/past/1243.htm

No comments: