Sunday, May 31, 2009

Today's Kdd: My Health,Darrell's Semester and a Novel We Red

Its Sunday May 31 at 11;09,
How are you all? Hope your doing fine?

I know these days,very little I have written,
and here I in the home office, I am sitten.

I will do my best to give you an update,
I can't guarantee that it will be great,
Profound or Humorous and funny,
Here in Arizona,its about 90 and sunny.

I am feeling well,unlike months past,
and half the year is over,went very fast.

I was ill for so long and worried we were,
and Dougie,itches his fur.

Sometimes changing Doctors is the best thing one can do,
and the last 6 months we made it through.

I was working most of the time,
despite extreme difficulty breathing,not at all fine,
and Darrell for school,all the deadlines he met,
Studying,writing News Stories, doing research on the net,
Posting assignments to whiteboard,
definitely not bored,
too much to do and so little time,
All the while, concerned about this health of mine.

Since January,I haven't had good luck First my front tooth fell out,
All the while,ill, medical treatment we sought,
Until we had the proper action plan and on the road to recovery,
It was than,life improved for Darrell and me.

Darrell made it through with flying colors did more than alright,,
Despite the fact,that he lacks eyesight,
He received an A and 3 B's,
and as for me,now,I cough very little and not at all wheeze.

I just had my second oral surgery, In January, as said, a front tooth I
lost
Unlike most surgery, much it didn't cost,
Yet, it was expensive indeed,
but, a front tooth I do need. lol

The first one, the extra tooth I had in Feb, they did extract,
Post-OP appointments I had,I did go back.
I was healing quite well,from what the Oral Surgeon did say,
Then, I had the last surgery,just the other day.

This time,he inserted an Dental implant,
use my 3 front teeth, I can't,
not for awhile,
I still have a toothless smile,
missing one tooth, it will be a bit longer,
Yet,in the long-run, it will be much stronger,
I will need a Crown
and in a few months, will visit my Dentist,herein town,
Then, I will be as good as new,
By the fall,all of this will be through.

Considering much drilling was done,feeling pretty good,
The implant is made from titanium,not gold Wood,
like President Washington,
I'd think, that would hurt a ton?
yet, that is what they did back in his day
and now ,both Darrell and I are doing okay.

, Dougie Dog has been sick some too, but not ill,
Right now,he has allergies,giving him benidryll,
and he seems to be a happier dog
and if you have time, visit, Darrell's Blog.

Blind access journal is the URL,the web site,
Darrell drafted a letter to the President last night
It was a collaborated effort by him and a few others,
to enrich the lives for all our Blind Sisters and Brothers ,
Not just here in the US,
All 7 Continents,notjust herein the West,
The Western World but from sea to shining Sea
to enable us who can't see,
have more access to information
despite the nation,
One does Reside, does Live,
Facts,he did give,
gave,hour concerns he did express,
Hopefully, The President, this letter he will digest
and do what is best?,
for those of us who are blind or have a print disability,
allowing us all to have equal opportunity
and knowledge,power and insight,more books we will be able to read,
President Obomma's assistance we do need.
So use your Keyboard or click your mouse
and even better, write your own letter, to the White House.
Its now,11;51,
There is work to be done,
So, soon I should go,
have housework to do, prepare for Tomorrow's show.

I also wanted to tell you all about A great Novel I just finished last
night,
called WWW.Wake, about a girl without Sight
She has surgery that enables her to see,
Yet,not the same kind,that we had, Darrell and me

The Surgeon inserted an implant into her left eye,
It was experimental, yet, they gave it a try
and than an Eye Pod to recode the information she receives back,
she utilizes this Eye Pod and her Pc,not a Mac,
But a dell
at first, she can't see well,
her Retina can't interpret the messages,For her,frustrating it is,
But, she is a Computer Wiz,
and a Mathematician, she's in the " Calculus Zone",
She learns to see,not on her own,
but from her Folks, and the Doctor in Japan,
and a new life for her,it does began,
Begin,has begun,
She can see a great deal,colors,shapes, the sun,
and so much more,than here I can explain,
The images eventually make sense to her brain
Unlike us whom can only see in the real world she,can also see in another
dimension,
another Realm, but,not here I will mention
Not much else I want to say, could ruin it,
but,it is a hit
The Authors, Robert J. Sawyer, he has others,they too,are great,
So, go read,on your Packmate,
VR Stream or Bookport's,
The novel,isn't too long but not short
A very good Red,,
I was enthralled, late I got to bed.
Get the print copy or go to Audible.com,
Can't say, "its the Bomb"
But,it is excellent,fascinating and interesting reading
You don't have to be an Einstein. a technical background,your not needing
However,its pretty technical,but well,the author does explain,
even for people,like me, whom are more,right brain lol.

Well,its now, after noon,
have housework to do, gather the tunes,
Hope you all will join Darrell and I,
Tomorrow night on ACB R I?
Point your browser to ACB radio,
and tomorrow night, try and listen to our show,
we will be delighted to have you there with us in the Desert Cafe,
Until I write again, have a great day.

1 comment:

Darrell said...

If I never experience anything quite like the recently-concluded Spring semester, I'll be delighted! I did well, but I also suffered from my poor judgment and inappropriate choice in who should be considered a good friend. I'll definitely be making sure there's no possibility of anyone else exploiting my vulnerabilities in that area ever again. I'll make sure I present myself as a completely different, invulnerable person next semester!!! The one A and three B's are fine, though I should've been able to do better. My mind works better than that. I'll perform at a higher level in the fall!

WWW: Wake is an excellent story. I haven't read anything quite so compelling in a long time. I urge all of you to pick it up on Audible or in print as your next read. :-) I'm already anticipating the next book in the trilogy. What happens to Katelynn next? What constitutes consciousness? What is the true meaning of life? Terminal Experiment is another great Sawyer book. It explores many of these issues from another angle. Think "soul wave..."

OK. Yep. We've gotta get busy with the playlist for tomorrow's show. I hope you all will visit http://interactive.acbradio.org tomorrow at 7:00 PM Pacific, 8:00 PM Mountain, 9:00 PM Central and 10:00 Eastern time for the Desert Cafe!