Thursday, February 05, 2009

Today's KDD: If you felt pain, but can't Remember, did you feel pain? lol

Hello Everyone,

It has been a very long time since I have written Daily doses, they are
few and far between these days. I have been sick for a month. This
virus I have had, has taken various forms: cold,sinus infection, and
Bronchitis. I think I am finally getting over it. Many have been sick
at work too. Working in a hotel is almost as bad as working in a
Hospital. WE have thousands of guest staying with us, from around the
World ,some for days at a time. They bring their germs,our housekeepers
clean their rooms, those housekeepers come down to the office where I
work, they touch my Desk and there, I got it! This is typical in Families
too, its just that it can be passed around several times in this kind of
environment. I heard it is taking on average two to four weeks to recover.
I actually feel pretty good today and for the first time in a month I
slept well last night. What a relief,was getting worried and very
frustrated having this hacking cough coughing all day long at work and
during the night.
I think I will be fine for my surgery next Wednesday February 11 TH.
Speaking of surgery, Tonight, Darrell was discussing his Ethics class with
some of us on the phone and we were also discussing my upcoming surgery.
He then, began philosophizing and asked the following. If I feel the
pain, but can't remember, did I feel Pain? So, this conversation we had
was the inspiration for this post. lol. My Doctor says I will be in a
twilight state, be able to hear him,what they are doing and even respond to
him if he asks me something or do something he may need me to do.
Yet,later I will have amnesia. I really don't want to remember nor really
hear all the drilling,cracking and snapping of them removing the root and
extracting the extra tooth. And, I certainly, don't want to hear and or
feel the bone grafting. This worries me the most. I really hope I will be
comfortable and sedated enough that I don't feel much?. I am glad too,
that I will not recall what happened days later.
This entire process will take months.
After I have this surgery, then 3 to 6 months later,after my mouth heels,
then I will have the next surgery in which they will do the implant. He
intended to do this in the first one, until he discovered the supernumerary
tooth.
After the implant Surgery in the Spring, then I will wait another 3 to 6
months before I will get my crown. What a long time, but at least I will
not be having brain or heart Surgery.
Well, I didn't plan on writing a book here, just a brief note to
explaining the meaning and purpose of this Kdd. :) lol... take care & see
for yourself.

If you felt pain,
it did register in your Brain
but, did it really resonate?
if your Brain was in an altered State?,

if you were under I V sedation ,in a twilight sleep
and not too far under,not too deep,
and you can hear everything around you,
but a week later, you can't recall what the surgeon did do ?
Did you really feel the pain, if you had amnesia after the surgery? after
the Doctor did Drill?
can you recall feeling pain, still?

The pain was felt at the time, the pain you can't bare,
Yet, later, the experience, you can't share,
or express to another, not much you will be able to tell,
Though, you know your not feeling well,
your mouth is swollen,
so, you knew they didn't operate on your colon
or your heart or your eye, lol
you knew it was your mouth by the things your husband or wife did buy.
Soup,Jell-O and other soft food to eat
certainly not a big chunk of meat,
steak or pork,
see yourself drinking with a straw, not using a fork,
maybe a spoon, and items that are cold, cool to the touch,
but, you don't remember why you can't eat much? lol

You may remember why your in pain,
but the fact you were there, you won't be able to retain,
as if you were not lying in the Chair at all. hearing instruments he is
using,
but later, aware of the bruising
and notice your stomach feels like butterflies, quite nauseous,vomitting
indeed
gauze packed in your mouth, so you wouldn't bleed.

if you feel pain and if you can't remember?, did you feel the pain?
Another philosophical question. Darrell came up with this one,,
do you find these fun
Thought provoking?
do you say? what,are we smoking?
lol
what, drugs are we taking? but, I am not inhaling, lol
and on my surgery day, I want to be sailing,
drifting out to sea,
Then,I really, don't want to be me.!

I know, I will remember the pain, in the present time,
yet, I really want to be off line,
and its perfectly fine,
That later, I will have amnesia, and will forget. I heard a crack and a
snap
want to be out like a light, take a long nap
Very nervous about the bone grafting,this aspect of the surgery,
two hours, it will be
He will remove the root tip and extract the extra tooth and there will
then be a gap there,
so, bone grafting they will do, from what the Doctor did share,,
he will use other material, a membrane,
especially this part, I will be glad I will not retain,
remember, this portion I will hate,
will want to be in an altered state,
of consciousness,
and for a few days I will need much rest.

So, I ask you,
When,its all through ,
Did you feel the pain?
will I feel the pain? a week from today?
I may?
or not?
Since, later, I forgot ?
Who knows
just know, this is ridiculous,what I just compose.! lol?

did you hear the tree fall, if you did not see the tree fall ?
This one, do you recall?

did you hear the sound? see the tree Sway
Will I remember this day?,?
Will I remember hearing the drill and the material he will be applying?
that I will be anxious and almost feel like I will be crying??
I hope not! I will likely retain most,
and this, should I post
to my site?
surprised on some of the things I do write. ?
A week from tonight,
I will not be feeling right,
will not be totally myself,I will need to recoup ,
and it will be difficult to talk, so Darrel will give you the scoop,
as to how I am,if you do ask, How I am filling? If I can talk? and
swallow?
and what is yet to follow?,
in weeks ahead?
as I lie in bed.

We all shall see,
What will be,
and if I felt pain but won't remember, did I feel the pain?....

No comments: