Sunday, October 12, 2008

Mountain Wings: Where the Past meets Today

MountainWings A MountainWings Moment
#8384 Wings Over The Mountains of Life
-------------------------------------------------

Where The Past Meets Today
===========================

Recently, I was laid off my job...they came and took my company
car and my laptop computer.

So I am using my wife's computer to check e-mail.

Well, since it's her computer, I did not have MountainWings
e-mails arriving automatically. So, I was logging onto your
website to get my daily nourishment. I quickly noticed that
when you click on "Today's Issue," it takes you to the following
website... www.mountainwings.com/past/today.htm

In order to save time, I started just typing in
www.mountainwings.com/past/today.htm on the address bar and
going straight to the daily message.

In doing this, I noticed something very interesting. In order
to get the message for "today," you have to use the "past."
I know that probably just has something to do with how you
organize your messages and the fact the web address
".../past/today.htm" is just the way it works.

Still, I know there is a MountainWings moment in there
somewhere. Some of us in our day-to-day lives won't live our
TODAY without remembering our PAST.

The fact is we don't have to remember the negative things of
our past and allow those things to hold us back. So many
people, including myself, allow the past to affect today.
There is no need to do that because every day is a new day.

As I was typing this, I took a second to go ahead and add
www.mountainwings.com/past/today.htm to my Internet Explorer
favorites. Now, I can quickly go to today's message without
typing the ".../past/today.htm" web address. By the click of a
button, I go straight to TODAY'S message, and it's almost like
the PAST (in the web address) is not even there. It's not even
remembered when I go to TODAY'S message this way.

It reminds me of how God works with us. When we go and
confess our sins to Him, He is faithful and just and will
forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness
(just read 1 John 1:9 in His word).

So the MountainWings Moment must be that there is absolutely no
reason we cannot live our lives to the fullest. Nothing,
absolutely nothing from our past should hold us back. Our past
is just that. It's in our past. If we follow the verse above,
He is faithful to give us a fresh start.

Now, that's a MountainWings moment.

I'M PREPARED TO FLY!! ARE YOU?

~A MountainWings Original by Ryan Henderson, Lawrenceville, GA~

From The Mountain:
Mr. Henderson is absolutely correct. But if you skip the past
and simply type www.mountainwings.com/today.htm you will still
go to TODAY's issue. You wouldn't know that unless you tried it
and on most webpages leaving out a word wouldn't work. We did
design it that way; to work without remembering the past.

The past is still there, but you don't have to go through it
each day to live today to the fullest.


Forward this issue to a friend or send them the link below:
http://www.mountainwings.com/past/8384.htm

No comments: