Sunday, January 06, 2008

KDD: Mega Dose, Our Vacation and Happy New Year

Hello Everyone,

Finally, this wicked long mega dose is complete and here for all of you to
read. Its 10 pages. lol Wow! My apologies for not creating it sooner,
for not writing each day, for not having separate daily doses, as Jeff,
you suggested, but, you all know how it goes, when your on vacation, there
is so much to do and so little time. Somehow, it is all integrated into one
huge one. lol However, I think I did my best to give you a recap of our
trip back home. Let me knwo what your thoughts are,if any. For now, Happy
Reading.

Its Sunday December 30, at 10; 08,

This is the date,

Two more days of this year,

Again, as I sit here,

I am having coffee, not wine or beer.

Sorry, I have not written at all on our vacation,

And it's a Sunday morning ritual to listen to the interactive station,

To Kim's show, the Blast from the Past",

And our vacation, went very fast,

Today is our last day,

And I am waiting for a grocery delivery from Safeway.

We had a great time in New England,

And last week, Dan Fogelberg passed away, wrote many songs, some of which
were "Auld Lang Syne", "Leader of the Band",

And "Longer",

And I have one New Year's Resolution, to improve my relationships to make
each stronger,

Some will take more work, you know?

And when in Boston and New Hampshire, there was snow

None fresh and fluffy on the ground,

And this time of year, many gain a pound,

Or two, three, or even, 10 or 8.

Thursday the 20 TH , the day we traveled, we arrived to Boston very late.

On Thursday the 20 th, our flight was scheduled to takeoff at 4; 10,

But in reality, around 6 o'clock was when,

WE were delayed almost 2 hours due to snow,

And on Christmas Eve, we did a special Interactive show,

Yet, I will tell you more about that, later, in this dose,

And my family, they were a great Host,

And Hostess,

And December the 27 TH , we headed back West.

Anyway, Friday the 21 st was our first day,

And we did not go sledding that day,

My Nephew and Niece's , school, they had to go,

And Darrell and I were going to prepare for our show,

However, we slept in late, until about noon, snoozed away

We were up until about 3,

Since, our flight arrived late, and there was a traffic Jam at 1 am, in the
Airport,

And this KDD, will not be short,

a long one indeed,

Will we make it up for, the fact that you had nothing to read?

While a week we were gone,

And tomorrow, I will have to get up before Dawn,

Both of us, work we will return,

And Tara and Bob, their family room, stood, a Christmas tree, Perhaps a
"Douglas Fern"?

Or a Spruce"? I know, it was a Live one

And it will take awhile before this will be done,

Their Tree was real, not an Artificial one,like we have here,

And tomorrow, will the New Year, will you Celebrate? And have a cup of
cheer?

On Friday, the 21 st, after the kids came home from School their tree we all
did decorate,

And our grocery delivery, we still do wait,

Someone did call, said, some drivers did not show and it will be an hour or
two,

Before our groceries we will get,

And all week I was not on the net.

We arranged candy canes and ornaments, some made of wood,

And Tara made chocolate chip cookies that tasted delicious and good.

And in the background, Christmas music played on their stereo,

As we systematically placed handmade ornaments around and in a row,

On each branch,

Had diet soda with the cookies, not vegetables with dip, flavored ranch,

Listeners requested Christmas Carols on the air,

And Highlights of our trip, Here I do share.

We stayed home for Dinner, Tara and Darrell made spaghetti and meatballs,
salad and French Bread,

All of us, it Fed,

Darrell made it from scratch, not from a can, not Paul Newman's or Ragout,

And how are things with you?

Darrell got a chance to use the garlic press,

And he did a great job, we did not make much of a mess. lol

Later that evening, we drove to Harvard to watch a Christmas show,

We did go,

It was cold and the wind did blow.

It was a pretty good Play,

And it was a good ending to our day,

It was called the Christmas Revels , was pretty good it wasn't borin

They danced and sung songs , the language was foreign,

So, most of the skits and songs , we did not understand though, all,
attempted to sing,

And tomorrow night, the new Year, we will ring,

Ring in 2008

We will stay home and celebrate,

Will not go to a New Year's Eve Party or hang out in time Square, in N Y
C

It will just be Darrell and me.

The skits and songs were from Macedonia, it was interesting

And I love to spray air freshener, of pine and Evergreen.

After the play, went home,nowhere else we did go

Listened to the rest of your Show Jeff caught the last Hour,

Did not listen to Steve Bower,

When, he was off the air we called him, me, Jeff, you did tease,

Because, I was having two glasses of white wine, cookies, and crackers
with cheese,

For our while, us, three, did chat,

In Tara and Bob's living room,on a comfy sofa , we did sat,

Then, after, bed we did go, called it a night,

The day was great, definitely, more then alright.

Saturday Morning, the 22 nd,again we slept in, about 10, think we had, egg
sandwhich's,not French toast,

And for lunch, Darrell and Tara made Pizza, not a chicken roast,

He made it from dough, and added cheese and pepperoni, made from scratch

And I baked cookies, a few dozen , more then one batch.,

We just sat around and hung out, nowhere we did go

And late in the afternoon Darrell, Jo Anna, Bobby, and Katie, went and
played in the snow,,

While I sat in the rocking chair, by the fire, listening to Christmas music
on the stereo,

And Christmas gifts upstairs, Tara continued to Wrap,

And fortunately, no one had a mishap.

They all had fun in the snow,

First, another town , they did go,

To go sledding, but it was quite crowded, too many people on the hill

Yet, Darrell and the kids, did not get their fill,

They came back home, and went sledding in their back yard,

And for years now, I haven't sent out Christmas Cards.

They had more fun and said the conditions were better , , had a great
time,

And think for now, will get off line,

Will continue this later, going to watch a movie, the time is slipping
away

Want to make the most of my last vacation day,

So, will go, will definitely, write more soon, okay?

Its now, Thursday, January Third,

And I know, since Sunday, I have-not said a word,

Its now, 8;35,

And around 6 O'clock, from work I did arrive,

Here, I am relaxing, and Jeff, we were just chatting with you, for a
little while

And I don't have to get up at 4;30 to take dial,

The Pony Express Cab,

And I am sitting here , sipping regular Tea, not diet Pepsi or Tab

And tomorrow, much I will not do, nowhere I will go,

But, Jeff, we will listen to your show.

Now, to continue on with this mega dose , that I am hoping to create
for you friend,

Hoping to complete it by the weekend.

, Saturday night,had a very nice dinner, at the Woodland Club, not long the
service did take,

Think, Bob and I had Seafood and Darrell and Tara Steak?

No!, Tara had Seafood I think too?

Who knows?, and cares lol , just know, we had a great time and were stuffed
when we were through . lol

, but my portion was large, so, took the rest to go,

Darrell had steak, potatoes, New England clam chowder? I don't exactly
remember you know?,

Bob had fish and Darrell tried lobster bisque for the first time, ,

I had linguini with lobster, very delicious and Cesar salad, tasty it
was a ton,

Do recall, Tara had Gin and Tonic, more then one,

Goodconversation , we had fun.

Bob and I had Wine and Darrell, had something called mudslides, they are
alcoholic, but to him, they taste great,

We all kind of felt like we were on a double date,

And we did not stay out late.

Later that night, we went to a Christmas party at their friend's house, not
too far away,

There, Christmas music did play,

All the people seemed nice but strangers to us, Darrell and me, so, our
time there , was okay

Tara had a great time, and longer she did stay,,

We met a few people, had a drink and little to eat,

And everyone thought Dougie was cute and very sweet.

For us, it was too crowded, we like small groups, and around strangers I am
shy,

So, after about an hour , Bob, Darrell and I, said goodbye,

And we drove home and left Tara there to hang out with her friends, longer
she wanted to stay,

While at home, the kids, their computer games they did play.

Tara got home about midnight and we all chatted some more, for an hour or
so,

Then to bed we did go,

Even the kids they were up, all of us chatting, 9 year old Katie too, it was
crazy,

And Sunday, the 23 rd, we all were just lazy,

We were planning on going to go to the Science Museum , but did not make
it there,

Later, we did go out, went to Harvard Square.

Instead, we sat, had breakfast and chatted and watched a show on Polar
Bears,on the Discovery channel,

Would have loved to have sat in my Pj's that were velvet and flannel,

We just hung out spent time together,

And later, went out, light rain was the weather.

Later in the afternoon, we went to Harvard Square , took Tara and Bob to
Lunch and did some shopping

I wasn't hungry then, but, did have a peppermint Patty with cool whip for
topping,

That is a hot chocolate with peppermint shnops , it was very good,

And at a store, Tara and Bob bought me a Harvard sweatshirt with a hood,

And Darrell a Harvard t-shirt as well,

And we all browsed other things, like the Arts and Crafts, they did sell.

The rest enjoyed their sandwich's at the Grindle's Den,

Around 5,is when we got back home, that was when.

We were going to order in Chinese, or have something like ribs, but about
7, my friends came over Lynda and Drew

So, plans changed, that we did not do,

They ate before they came, so we all noshed on cheese and Crackers,

And earlier in the evening, Bob watched the Patriots ,not the Packer's,

We also had grapes, wine and Ice tea,not sure whether, they were red or
green.

While they all did chat, their kids, Isabel and Irene,

With Katie Did play,

And about 4 hours, they did stay.

Irene is 2 and Bell 6.

its now, Friday, January 4, listening to XM Radio, a music mix,

You may remember them, my friends from College and Lynda sung at our Wedding
The "Wedding Song and the Rose",

And I know, this KDD will take forever, for

me to compose.

I was exhausted that night,

And I will do my best to write,

Tara and Lynda had a chance to get to know one another,

They both live in Boston, and are stay at home Mother's.

Tara once had loved to be in theatre and Lynda continues this,

Both Lynda and Drew, I did miss.

They are the only ones I keep in touch with anymore,

That was long ago, over 14 years, Bradford College it was about 20 minutes from New
Hampshire, the beach,the shore,

Lynda majored in Creative Arts, Drew Natural Science and me, Psychology,

They both graduated before me,

Not much of each other we do see.

And lost touch for quite awhile, until I found them again, online through
a mutual friend,

And who knows when this dose I will send? lol

Monday Morning, Mary Beth picked up Darrell and I,

So, to Tara and Family we said goodbye.

It was an hour or so to New Hampshire ,to Mary Beth and Todd's, there, he
and the girls were, 10;30, we did arrive,

It was a nice drive.

We just hung out and watched Emma and Marin play,

Only one night we did stay,

Emma is 4 and marin is 2,

Not much we did do,

I finger painted with the girls while Darrell prepared for our show,

Have not done that since about Kindergarten you know? Lol

I painted their names and drew a Christmas Tree,

Was pretty good , considering, I can't see lol

We broadcasted on Interactive, Later, that Christmas Eve,

And who knows when, this, you will receive? lol

For that day, Monday, the 23 rd,it was not called the Desert Café but the
Winter Café in New England,

Where, there is white fluffy snow, not palm trees and sand.

Hawaii, I have never been,

And our show it was from 5 to 8 eastern, not until 10,

Some of our time spent ,Darrell captured Audio,

And if you listened to our New Year's Eve Show,

Then, you heard some of it on the air,

Part of our vacation we were glad we could share.

Christmas Morning, we were there, watching Emma and Marin open gifts from
Santa and we opened a few,

They are so adorable and cute, Marin 4 and Maren, 2.

Marin can't really talk, but Emma is a chatterbox,

And have the TV on now, our cable company is Cox.

Emma was so excited as she opened her gifts, like the water table, Rockets
and a Teeter Totter, and a hard hat,

And while we were there, did not at all see their 4 cats,

They love Dougie , he, they did pet,

And on Christmas Eve, we were live, Broadcasting on the net.

Emma and Marin were jumping on the bed, like it was a trampoline like all
little kids do,

And MB and Todd ordered Pizza, we all ate, during the show, halfway
through,

And after, Mary Beth gave the girls Baths, she calls it Tubby time ,

And later that night had a piece of a Yulelog with herbal tea, not beer or
wine.

After their baths, Mb read them a bedtime story, " Twas the night before
Christmas " and before that they said bye on the air, a little, Emma did
speak,

Visiting with them all were one of the Highlights of our week,

She spoke to Santa on the radio and mentioned, on Saturday, she got big,
that she grode ,

And I guess, I amin creative mode?

Yes, on Thursday the 20 th Marin and Saturday the 22 of December, Emma
grode, grew, both had Birthdays, Christmas just a few days away,

And from what MB said, she liked the music we did play.

After Mary Beth red the girls a book,

Time Darrelland I took,

While MB fell asleep reading, we spent time with Todd, he, we really don't
know

Fast, the day did go.

Later in the evening we chatted for awhile and I massaged her feet,

Then, her and Todd, arranged the gifts under the tree, though, they were
beat.

Todd usually assembles stuff , for him, this all comes with ease,

And MB put together stockings, I am sure, filled with lots of little toys
and chocolate, not cheese,

Not like in mine, I like Laughing cow, Munster but mostly cheddar,

And more then presents, I love the stockings better. lol

As I said in a few verses above,

Christmas morning, we did love,

It was great to be there with the kids, and hear the excite mention their
voice,

It was an excellent choice,

To spend it with them so, we could get to know the girls and Todd more,

The girls are small, growing fast, long, Emma won't be four ,

Midday, Tara picked us up there, Tara, Bob and the kids, from Boston, they
drove down,

Mom and Dad live 2 miles, in the same town.

WE opened gifts there too and hung out, did not discuss much politics,

And we had dinner Reservations at 6.

We went to a place called the Country farm inn ,Pretty formal, had a 4
course meal, that is where we did dine,

We all had a very nice time.

Most of us, had steak, Bob the salmon ,Dad ordered a bottle of wine, Bob had
beer,

And we all discussed, them all visiting us here,

We also got into a chat about writing Novels and taking a cruise,

We did not discuss weather or much news.

The shrimp with garlic wine sauce was very good and I tried Mom's Carrot
soup, and we all had Dessert, it was excellent,

And we chatted about what it would be like if Darrell was president,

What he would do,

The dessert was very sweet and scrumptious, perfect portion, not stuffed,
when we were through,

After we got home, cards, we did play,

It was a good ending to Christmas Day.

We played a hand of UNO, we had a deck in Braille,

We weren't upstairs, surfing the net, or reading ,writing E-mail.

We were playing a game with Bobby, Jo Anna, Katie and Dad,

A fun time we had,

The next day, we lounged around and spent time together,

Warm was the weather,

Mom made breakfast for us all,

And we received a few phone calls.

Early in the afternoon, we went in the hot tub outdoors,

And then, took a steam shower, warms you up and cleans your poresJ lol

Mom and Dad have a hot tub off their deck, and it was outside 40 degrees,

In the tub, about 101, it was not snowing, there was not a cool breeze,

It was very nice, when I got in the tub, it was 96,

And we did not listen to music, not a mix.

We chatted and hung out instead, had, coffee with some alcohol,

And later, Tina did call,

The coffee, had Brandy, not Bailey's Irish cream, my parents did not have
any of that,

And a couple hours in the hot tub we sat.

Tara, Darrell and I,

And a few hours later, we had to say goodbye

To Tara, Bob, the Duffy gang, fun we all had,

Late in the day, it was just Darrell, me, Mom and Dad.

It's now, Sunday, January 6, at 10; 32,

And I really believe this KDD will soon be through? J lol

Listening to Kim's Blast from the past, a week ago, this dose I began,

After you read this novel, you may not be a fan?

Of my KDD's anymore?

And Kim's now playing the Theme from the show Mary Tyler More,

And that was a favorite show of mine,

And hope your week was fine?

The year is now 72; I was 7 going on 8,

For me, life was great,

I will tell you more about my life then, at a later date,

Yet, I am here, to complete this Kdd,

To you, from me.

As I said, the story continues now, on Wednesday, December 26 , in the
Evening, home with Mom and Dad,

We had dinner, a pretty good time we, 4 had,

Mom made a homemade Turkey Dinner with stuffing, two kinds of potatoes and
peas

And for dessert later, we had French vanilla coffee and a piece of pumpkin
pie, not cheesecake or Danish with cheese,

The peas I mixed in my mashed potatoes,

And I think this is one of the longest KDd's I have ever composed?

If I did not blend my vegetables, like peas and spinach in my potatoes,
would not eat them at all,

And later that night, after our dinner conversation, Jeff, us, you did call.

Thursday, the 27 th, the day, we did leave,

And I am amazed, because, this Kdd, you will finally

Receive.

We had a leisurely breakfast with my folks and Packed home, to go,

And as we were packing, it began to snow,

Five inches on the ground, fell,

And our trip home went pretty well,

At least the flight,

I think I will end here, way too much I did write.

This is already 9 pages, quite long indeed,

Hope this, you all did read?

And like what I did create?

Hope your day is great?

I had a very long,stressful and extended work week, today and tomorrow is
my weekend,

And later, again I will write my friend,

One last thing I like to add, Happy New Year,

And now, have to go, Housework to do here,

And post this, to my blog,

After housework, hang out with Darrell and Dougie Dog,

Prepare for Tomorrow's show

And what else, don't know?

Until then, my friend, take care of yourself,

Best wishes in 2008, for happiness and good health,

Make the most of each day, your goals, hope we all will achieve,

And here you go, this dose , you now, do receive.

No comments: