Wednesday, November 21, 2007

a Heartwarmers Message: Thanksgiving

THANKSGIVING
by Kathy Whirity

Thanksgiving is that time of year,
when glasses are lifted to toast with good cheer.

As autumn leaves fall softly to the ground,
we take a moment to reflect on all the blessings we've found.

So happy for this season and a reason to recall,
that it's the little things in life that mean the most of all.

For my children I give a prayer of praise,
for all the joyful memories of happy, hopeful days.

A husband who makes my life worthwhile,
who never ceases to make me smile.

I'm thankful for this time of year when leaves crunch under our feet,
for all the friends I have yet to meet.

Thank you Lord for providing me with an abundant life,
of being a mother, friend, sister and wife.

This is such a beautiful time of year,
filled with family and friends who are always near.

Turkey day dawns with more than enough to eat drink and be merry,
filled with all the love and happiness our grateful hearts can carry.

On this day we'll gather round the table,
and feast on big meals while our men watch football on cable.

We'll prepare a meal of turkey and dressing,
while we give thanks to God for his unending blessing.

And whether we express it vocally or not,
most of all we'll give thanks for all that we've got.

Peace to you this Thanksgiving day,
may this feeling of togetherness never lose its way.

At this time of year I'm reminded to thrive with a positive attitude,
that for everything thing in life there is reason for gratitude.

God bless and keep you in his care,
Thanksgiving is an opportunity to give and share.

Thank you readers for your support in always being there,
I'm thankful for the chance to say you're an answer to my prayer.

-- Kathy Whirity
<mailto:kathywhirity@yahoo.com><kathywhirity
at yahoo.com>

No comments: